Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution involves depositing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting vendor. There are different forms of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a peek at these. In that way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to have a weblog, mails, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by given file storage providers, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are frequently supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain span of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely imprecise interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would share the load between separate sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web site hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific providers offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share a vast quantity of pics with chums or associates since the solution is generally free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your email box accounts. Some firms offer web space hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email service. If you want to open a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many videos as you would like without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to have a web site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At CampoRed Host, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for particular web content exclusively.